The Creative Campus
At Alt Valley’s Creative Campus we specialise in providing opportunities for the local community to participate in a range of arts activities including: drama, creative writing, music, visual art and photography.
Our newly-refurbished centre enables people from the local and wider community to access high quality arts courses to enhance their own personal wellbeing and quality of life. Our groups write, share and perform their own dramas which raise awareness of various community issues that affect many people in lots of different ways – e.g. dementia, poverty, isolation and unemployment.
The centre contains the following facilities:
- A fully operational 100 seat theatre
- A recording studio
- Teaching rooms
- Rehearsal rooms
- Individual and group writing rooms to provide users with a quiet, creative work space.
We run a variety of arts courses at the Creative Campus including both accredited and non-accredited courses.
- Acting Up – Drama For Beginners
- Drama for Performance – Intermediate
- Improvisation and Performance Studies – Level 1 and 2
- Page to Stage – an 8 week introduction to writing for the stage
- Write From The Start – a five week introduction to creative writing
► Visual Art
- Art for Art’s Sake – an introduction to visual art.
- Song writing for beginners
- Introduction to guitar
- Introduction to digital photography – a free five week course.
Love Acting is a drama group established at AVCT’s Creative Campus. The group is committed to writing and performing drama which educates, entertains and raises awareness of issues which affect the local community.
Love Acting has performed in a variety of venues across the city and delivers a number of issue based plays including:
A Different Me
Based on the true stories of dementia patients and their carers: the play explores the day to day experiences of living with in a world where ‘memory is a stranger who comes to call less frequently.’
Read All About It
The play focuses on the real stories behind the welfare cuts and examines how easy it is to descend into poverty, once the ‘safety net’ of welfare has been removed.
A moving exploration of the issue of suicide: the play examines the impact of suicide within the family and wider community.
Love Acting is available for bookings. If you would like to book Love Acting to perform at your event, please contact Paula Currie on 0151 546 5514 or email@example.com